A DELICIOUS ADDITION TO BUDWIG DIET MEALS
Oleolux is a savory butter or topping for food created by Dr. Johanna Budwig. It is a rich golden-yellow blend of cold-pressed linseed (flax) oil and raw coconut oil delicately enhanced with onion and garlic. Cholesterol-free, rich in Omega-3 and other beneficial fats, it makes a healthy alternative to butter, cream or olive oil in everyday meals for anyone looking for tasty food and a healthier lifestyle. The garlic and onion are healthy additions and probably help the absorption of the omega-3.
Ingredients for Oleolux:
- 125g Cold-Pressed Linseed (Flax) Oil
- 250g Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 10 cloves garlic mashed
- Weigh the Linseed Oil into a suitable container, preferably glass that has a lid, or can be covered, it needs to be large enough to take the coconut oil as well.
- Place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan from which it is going to be easy to pour the oil.
- Slice the onion and cook in the coconut oil at a very gentle heat so that it is light straw colored after 15 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool a little and strain through a sieve into the chilled linseed oil and put in the fridge to cool. When it has set it is ready to use.
- Store in the fridge.
- Best used within a month.
How to Use Oleolux
- Melt into cooked veg, potatoes and buckwheat.
- Use instead of butter on bread.
- Use to fry with; though if using oleolux for frying do not heat for more than 1-3 mins and then only at a gentle heat
- Stir into risotto, lentils, and soup.
Nutritional yeast flakes, a tasty, healthy seasoning that can be used on the Budwig Diet.
This is called nutritional yeast in the UK. Many of the Budwig recipes mention yeast flakes. They are included mainly for flavor but being low in salt and a rich source of B vitamins, they are a healthy addition to food. It tastes similar to Parmesan.
Yeast flakes are a granular condiment with a savory Parmesan cheese-like flavor. It is made from a special variety of deactivated yeast, and some varieties including vitamin B12.
Many use it like Parmesan. Nutritional yeast flakes are tasty sprinkled over rice, risottos, soups, stews, buckwheat and vegetables and goes particularly well used with oleolux.
Dr. Johanna Budwig says: “The sun plays an important role in treating some diseases, when combined with Eldi oil buy it here ( or you can make your own with 75% flaxseed oil and 25% wheat germ oil) , and applying the oil onto the skin and sunbathing with precaution (avoid hottest times of day, it is advisable first thing in the morning or the afternoon, when the temperatures are more comfortable), some of the sun’s properties help absorption. This will also help pull out toxins.