Bone broth has the collagen to seal the gut to prevent toxins from entering the bloodstream, which causes many of the symptoms one often experiences, plus it helps reduce the inflammation of the gut as well.
Chicken Bone Broth
Written by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
Prep: 15 min * Cook: 10 to 12 hrs * Yield: varies depending on pot size; these ingredients are sufficient for a gallon of broth
- 2 or more pounds raw* chicken bones/carcasses (from about 3 or 4 chickens)*
- One whole chicken and additional wings or thighs, optional*
- Enough purified water to just cover the bones when they are in the pot
- ¼ to ½ cup apple cider vinegar, depending on the size of the pot
- 2 to 4 carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks organic celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 or 2 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 bunch parsley, add in the last hour
- Place all the bones in a slow cooker or large stockpot.
- Add the vinegar and enough purified water to cover everything by 1 inch.
- On medium heat, bring the water to a simmer.
- Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth.
- Add all the vegetables (except parsley) and spices and reduce the heat to low. You want the broth to barely simmer.
- Skim occasionally over the first 2 hours, and be sure the bones are always covered with water. You will have to add water during the cooking process.
- Cook for at least 10 hours, or up to 12.
- When the broth is done, turn off the cooker or remove the pot from the heat.
- Using tongs and/or a large slotted spoon remove all the bones and the meat. Save the chicken for use in the broth or for another recipe.
- Pour the broth through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Let cool on the counter before refrigerating. You can skim off the fat easily after the broth is chilled if desired. When chilled, the broth should be very gelatinous.
- The broth will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator and 3 or more months in your freezer.
* If it’s hard to get chicken bones from your butcher, you may be able to get backs and necks.
* The number of pounds of bones will vary based on the size of your slow cooker or stock pot. You want the bones to fill the vessel so you can just cover them with water. If you have chicken bones from any leftover chicken, also add those.
* The chicken meat is optional, but I usually add it so I have the chicken for soup or another recipe.
*If you have favorite herbs, you can add them to the bone broth to enhance the flavor. Thyme is particularly nice with chicken broth. You can also add garlic. Since you might use the broth in a variety of recipes, I prefer not to salt it while cooking.
Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Written by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
Prep time: 10 min * Cook time: 10 hr * Yield: 12 servings
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3½ pounds grass-fed beef bones (preferably joints and knuckles)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all the vegetables and the garlic, bones, and bay leave into a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch (about 13 cups).
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth. Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt as needed.
- The broth will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.
I choose to follow Dr. Kelly Ann Bone Broth Protocol because I could hear her book on audible.com and I was able to get PDF’s with this download, so I understand the science behind it, plus she has created many programs to make it simple to initiate a good foundation.
|Click Here to Order|
To help as many people as possible, I’ve taken the same program. I put even my sickest, most obese patients on it and documented the entire program into an instantly downloadable step-by-step guide.
This e-program is incredibly popular because it’s a companion guide for my world-renowned 21-Day Bone Broth Diet.
This is without a doubt the fastest, easiest way to get TRULY healthy, drop weight quickly and safely – without starving – and look and feel younger from the inside out… with REAL, measurable results that last.
In an incredibly short amount of time, this program super-charges your body with the essential nutrients – along with the MAGIC of Bone Broth – to quickly change you into the slimmest, youngest, healthiest version of YOU… by making sure your body gets everything it needs to:
- Eliminate inflammation throughout the body
- Heal your gut completely
- Lose weight FAST – safely, naturally, deliciously
- Keep the weight off, for the rest of your life
- Eat foods that turn you into a 24/7 fat-burning machine
- Eliminate bloating, excess gas, constipation, and other gastrointestinal health problems
- Stop insulin spikes
- Lower blood sugar
- Truly heal your body so you can get off medications
- Take 10 years off your appearance – eliminate wrinkles and reverse aging at the cellular level